Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 6-9 Verse 11

The usefulness of what is depends on what is not. 

Thirty spokes converge upon a single hub;
it is on the hole in the center that
the use of the cart hinges.

Shape clay into a vessel;
it is the space within that makes it useful.

Carve fine doors and windows,
but the room is useful in its emptiness.

I had heard this verse in a mediation by Wayne Dyer. The space between the words, the silence between the notes that is what makes a song. Being a person that LOVES to talk, this really impacted me. It is in the silence, the breathe that the remarkable happens. True happiness is found in simple, unremarkable things. 
Mediation allows me to quiet my mind - no small feat. Turns out I like the silence almost as much as I like my own voice. Actually my voice is always softer after I meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment